The Kinster

The Kinster

Friday, March 11, 2011

Because I need to.

I have gone back and forth for a few weeks, battling my urge to start this blog.  I am not doing this because I am bored.  Lord knows you cannot be bored with a 6-month old on your hands.  And  I am definitely not doing it for sympathy.  I am doing this for me and for the betterment of my family.  I need to tell people our story.  This story will be filled with joy, perseverance, and maybe a few (very few) moments of sadness.   I have decided to create this blog as a coping mechanism for me and also a way to keep all of my friends and family in tune with what is going on with...THE HASE POSSE.
Many of you know our story and some of you may not.  I will lead you through our battle with this stupid nevus and continually update you on how our baby girl continues to surpass our expectations.  She is not terminally ill and she is in no way held down by what God has given her. She was born with a giant hairy nevus (do not Google this, promise?) and two small satellites.  There is no known cause for this birthmark. I am sure that it happens for a reason and this reason is something that I am bound and determined to find out.  God has blessed us with this girl, giant hairy nevus and all, and we cherish every second with her.
 Kinsley is almost 7 months old and is awaiting her second of three surgeries to remove her nevus.  She has been blessed with wonderful skin and we have yet to need expanders.  She will undergo an MRI in the very near future to see if there are additional lesions in her brain or spinal cord.  God willing, she will be clear and from there will continue to monitor her brain and spinal cord.  She bounced back faster than her mama from the first surgery and we can only pray that the second and third go as well.  We have an amazing, and I mean AMAZING, pediatrician who has worked day and night to make sure she is in the best of hands. 

I hope that you all tag along with us as we conquer this stupid nevus.  I say it is stupid because at this time in the fight, I can't quite figure it all out.  I am going to honest and real on every post so I am sorry if I offend anyone.  I owe it to my family (and myself) to be upfront with this and you can expect nothing less.  Welcome aboard folks, The Hase Posse is about to kick some nevus butt.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hase Posse -
    Love the blog. We are followers!
    -Sue, Kirk & Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are with you every step of the way, Hase Posse! Kinsley is a true gift from God to you and to all of us. Love you guys -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,
    You are a strong woman. I know how hard it is to see your baby have to go through surgery. All of you will be in our prayers. Please, please, please let us know if we can do anything,cook, clean, or run an errand, we are willing to help with whatever you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read this blog over and over again and it has given me hope and understanding of my sons giant nevus. He was born 4 weeks ago and I have searched the internet trying to find answers and help with our decision to remove it. He has the almost the same size and location of your daughters. I just want to thank you for this blog because it has given me a piece of mind that things will be ok.

    Shar
    Sharlene_zuk@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete