The Kinster

The Kinster

Friday, September 30, 2011

She's Done!

       Well folks, we are so incredibly happy to announce that our baby girl is nevus free.  She had her last surgery on the 8th of September and the surgeon was able to remove all of the large congenital nevus that once spanned her entire back.  I could have kissed him.  I told him that I would if he was able to get it all in this one last shot and he did!  Not to worry, I cleared it with Tad before I put the offer on the table! :) I am also fairly certain Tad could have kissed him too.
          So we are now cruising down the road to recovery.  She is healing everyday and returned to her crazy self soon after we were released from the hospital.  She had the drains out last week and just yesterday the surgeon was able to remove ALL of her non-disposing stitches.  That was an appointment I don't want to relive soon and the beauty of that is...I won't have to.  He asked us to return in 5 months to check the scar's line and healing.  5 months!!  We haven't gone that long EVER!  In the meantime we will be learning to walk more and jabber more and eat more fun foods.  She is at such a fun age, I look forward to the holiday season that rapidly approaching!
          I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your unbelievably gracious care and concern over the last year.  Many of your words, thoughts, and emails brought us through some pretty scary times.  Your prayers lifted us to a better place.  I have said it before and will say it again, we are truly blessed to have this little girl in our lives.  She has taught us so much about life, love, and the things that really matter in todays world. 
I have included some pics to illustrate the wonderful work of Dr. Miller.  There were times that I could have slapped him (waiting for HOURS in his waiting room) and them the times when I could have hugged him (removing the nevus in 3 surgeries, the loving touch he had with her, the times the headbutted hugged, the times he came in during the wee hours of post-op and loved her).   He was amazing in his work, after care, and his true compassion for helping kiddos like Kins.

Nevus, 5 days old.

Nevus, before 3rd surgery.

And now we are done!  Once these pesky scabs go away we will be looking good! LOVE Dr. Miller.




No comments:

Post a Comment