The Kinster

The Kinster

Monday, April 4, 2011

Everything in moderation...

I am sorry to have ignored the blog for so long. 

I have learned in the last few months that this whole nevus thing is a pretty shady, pun intended.  I can talk to one doctor and turn around and get completely different information from the next.  I try and sift through the facts but that is the trouble when you have a daughter that is one in 500,000...you just don't have the facts.  I dive into the internet (not my best friend) and spend hours on 'blogspots' reading about other little ones battling the same condition.  I compare war stories, I find comfort in others writings.  I get lost.  I need to stop.

I guess I am trying to take this all in without it taking me all in, and failing.  Miserably.  I have learned that if I let me mind do the walking, we end up in some pretty scary places.  I need to find a happy-medium.  I have got to learn to deal with the waiting and the gray areas and the things that are out of my control. I have got to trust God and know that he will never give me more than I can handle.  So this is it, on this beautiful (looking) day, it's windier than crap out there,  I am going to make myself a promise.  I am going to move forward with life and everything that it may have in store for us with a smile on my face.  No more "woe is me."  No more worries...okay that is a lie. But I will promise to only worry in moderation and at a pace that does not intrude on any other area of my life.  I will look at each day as a gift and resist the temptation to research this stupid nevus.  I will wait patiently for her next surgery and MRI.  I will remain strong and positive and diligent in prayer.  I will because I can.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how hard this process must be for you and your family. You have a great support system, too, which will carry you through this with their presence during the difficult times, their prayers and their love. You are not in this alone. Love you -

    ReplyDelete